Sunday 1 May 2011

Do not mistake my appetite for apathy!

Going at a steady one post per month...

So I've been on my Easter break and next week I start my final term of my first year at university. Let's hope it goes as well as the last two terms. During the break I saw lots of friends and family and did lots of mapping. No surprises there. For mapping skip the next paragraph, for my personal life keep reading (weirdo).

My Uncle had his wedding on Friday (no he's not called Prince William), it was a lot of fun and the food was grrrrrreat! Congrats to them both. I recently saw Thor at the cinema. Thor is a great film, go and watch it. I went mountain biking near Thetford and I can't wait to go again. I also did a cycle ride from Welwyn Garden City to Stevenage. It was interesting watching the scenery gradually become grim and grey. Saw lots of friends on various occasions, nothing much else. It's been a good holiday!

CP Breakout
My mapping contest entry CP Breakout is on it's way. The deadline is May 25th and I'm a little worried it won't be finished by then, but a deadline is exactly the sort of thing I need: I've been working on Bunkerdash on and off for almost 18 months *perfectionist* no idea if it's actually a good map. Anyway, Breakout, the layout for this one turned out to be asymmetrical to start with but then symmetrical at the end. So far, not a wise decision. The main result of such a mash-up caused picnics in my case:
Thanks to The Crazy GFL for hosting this for me. More testing will happen soon, then hopefully I can go overdrive with details and lighting to make it look dark, damp and ugly. Although not too much because then it would be a dungeon, not a prison. Soon Eventually I'll post in more detail about this map and its development, hurdles, mistakes, and triumphs!

No comments:

Post a Comment