Wednesday 30 March 2011

blog post!

I don't really have an excuse for my lack of blogging. Here's what you missed:


Mapping
CP Breakout, my TF2Maps Control Point Contest entry, is finally public. The first play-test revealed that this map isn't fun yet. I'm reworking the layout which may take some time, I'm struggling with it right now. It's not much to look, but there's some screenshots and more information in this thread. I'm still working on PL Bunkerdash which is looking pretty fly if I do say so myself. The next update is a while off since Breakout is more important, and I've also got coursework to do. I'm still not sure how well bunkerdash plays... I've just been making it look pretty regardless.


Games
Minecraft has kind of died down for me since I posted last, but I've been playing a lot of other games! Luke introduced me to SpaceChem; a game that you probably wouldn't play if I described it to you*. The demo on steam is very generous and worth checking out. I recently finished Batman: Arkham Asylum, easily one my favorite single-player games. £15, you won't regret it. 


Batman didn't beat S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl (at least in my opinion), another game I recently finished. This game isn't as accessible as Batman, but there's more hours of game-time there, and it's the most immersive game I've ever played. If you do buy it be sure to install STALKER Complete 2009 for maximum immersiveness. 
Screenshot dump:





More screenshots

I've played a lot of TF2 recently. I could go on about that game; maybe another time. I played my part in winning the TF2 tournament at the LSU:CS LAN party last weekend (woop woop!). If you don't know what I'm talking about: Team Fortress 2 is my favorite multi-player game of all time. 


That's all from me! If you'd like to see this blog go in a particular direction (more reviews? tips for mapping? ...), or if you have any questions, please ask!


*SpaceChem as described by me: A chemistry game that incorporates algorithmic flowcharts. The player constructs flowcharts to complete tasks, usually carrying out some sort of pseudo-chemical reaction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment