Wednesday 9 April 2014

Marching on

Last month was busy. I made two video games in two different game jams, delivered two hefty bits of coursework, worked toward a tough mid-project assessment at uni, visited home for my Dad's birthday (he's well old) and I went to Rezzed in Birmingham. I didn't find time to spew bullshit onto a page and I almost forgot how much I enjoy doing it.

Group Project - months of progress

Now it's April and we're already over a week into the Easter break. I'm sitting in a park on a sunny but chilly evening wondering why ducks don't get wet. I think it's because their feathers are oily.



Rezzed was right at the end of last month. It was a very cool experience - essentially a large room filled with like-minded people and video games. I summoned some social courage and migrated to the pub with some like-minded strangers after the show. They were all really cool people. Next year I want to be on the showfloor sharing a games that I worked on.

Someone I met interviewing someone else I met at Rezzed

I didn't blog in March. Sorry about that. March was too busy even to think about something to write. I like to take my time with blog posts. Letters, on the other hand, were free-flowing and spontaneous. I posted three handwritten letters to friends. One was received after paying a fee because the envelope was too large. Pah! Apologies to the other two friends.

Postboxes are flippin' weird looking
If you would like to receive a handwritten letter in the post send me your address and I'll send you a smaller envelope with a letter in it.

I'm not in that park anymore. I'm at home munching on food. I used to really dislike mushrooms but now most of my meals have mushrooms in them! I know you want to hear another intriguing throwaway fact so eat this one up: this is the first blog post I've published on the same day I started writing it!

until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment