Friday 21 January 2011

what?

Hey y'all!


This is a short post since I'm swamped with some coursework right now (taking a break). I'm gonna tell you about the name "explosivose" and where it came from. (Skip to the end if you want a mapping update.)


When you get into PC gaming you'll probably have to come up with a player name or some sort of alias that people will know you by, and when I was 14 or 15 I wanted to have a really cool name. At the time I loved Tenacious D - I even saw them at The Hammersmith Apollo in 2006 with my buddy, Tim. So for those reasons the name "explosivo" stuck in my mind on the night of the creation of my Steam account. That name was taken, and it was still stuck there in my mind, and for some reason explosivose seemed like a good alternative. I get people saying "explo what?" when I tell them who to add on such and such, and fair enough it's not the most memorable name. It stuck because steam account names and email addresses are static, and I didn't have any alternative names worth the effort. After a few years I learned to love it, and now I use explosivose for just about everything.


Another name I sometimes go by is Ketchup, which is the first thing that came to mind when I first played an online game (Garry's Mod). That stuck because its easy for people to say "hey ketch". Now it's mostly Karnage because Carnage is awesome, and the K is from Ketchup. 


Well it looks like this isn't a short post after all... I should get on with some more work. Programming and Signals coursework.


Soon I'll be posting about pl_bunkerdash_b2 and a new map I recently started for the TF2Maps.net Control Point Contest called cp_breakout.


PS please tell me if this blog is worth my time, I know this post was pretty lame but I needed to procrastinate a bit...



1 comment: