Wednesday 23 February 2011

bunkerdash_b2

Busy
I was pretty busy a few weeks ago with various bits of coursework. The free time I had while we had coursework was spent watching Battlestar Galactica (kick ass show) and playing some Minecraft on Luke's server (screenshots will come). Then for a week or so I enjoyed having no heavy deadlines looming. I went home last weekend and saw friends and family and I realised that I miss home a lot more than I thought.

Mo'Creatures
On the topic of Minecraft me and my girlfriend tried a mod called Mo'Creatures. It really adds a lot of great things to the game like horses you can ride, birds that each have a unique song, cool new baddies... etc but there were a few lame things about it. Ogres will tear down your creations, birds will eat up your seeds, easy mode is often too hard, sharks are retarded... I spent a lot of time on peaceful after installing this. However, once Dr Zhark updates the mod to work with the latest Minecraft update (yay beds) I will install it again.


Mapping again
Once the deadlines were out of the way I finished up pl_bunkerdash_b2. I haven't changed much really. In b1 the map didn't get a chance to be played on a full server (see 'Technical' in this post) but I still got some feedback on aesthetics. I've worked with that feedback as best as I can without spending a lot of time on it - I want to re-release it asap so that people can play on it properly. The 3D skybox needs a lot of work so that's the next priority for _b3. After that, I don't think there's much left to do!
TF2Maps.net thread


No comments:

Post a Comment